Betting can be a thrilling and lucrative activity if done right. However, to make successful bets, one must understand the basics, including the double chance bet. While many novice bettors may not know it, a double chance bet provides more opportunities to win.
A double chance bet is a popular option in sports betting that provides two outcomes instead of one, reducing the chances of losing. This type of bet is commonly used in sports where a win, draw, or loss is possible, such as football, rugby or basketball. Double chance bets give bettors the chance to place a wager on two of the three potential results and still have a high chance of winning.
This guide will provide an in-depth look at double chance betting, including how to place a wager, its pros and cons, and some strategies to help increase your chances of winning. Whether you’re new to sports betting or just want to expand your betting options, this guide will help you understand the basics of double chance betting.
Understanding Double Chance Betting
What is Double Chance Betting?
Double Chance is a popular betting strategy that allows bettors to cover two out of three possible outcomes in a sports event, thereby increasing the chances of winning. In traditional betting, bettors can only place bets on either the home team, away team or a draw. However, with Double Chance betting, a bettor can cover two out of three possible outcomes by betting on either:
- Home Team and Draw
- Away Team and Draw
- Home Team and Away Team
Double Chance betting is popular among beginners and professionals because it offers a higher probability of winning and reduces the level of risk involved in betting. However, the betting odds are usually lower compared to traditional betting because the chances of winning are higher LeoVegas.
How Double Chance Odds Work?
Double Chance betting allows you to bet on two out of three possible outcomes of a football match with a single bet. Instead of placing a bet on a team to win, you can choose two of the three possible outcomes: either team to win or draw. This reduces the risk of losing your bet because you have an increased chance of winning.
Double Chance betting odds work by combining the odds of two outcomes into a single bet. For example, if you bet on the home team to win or draw, you will have lower odds than if you bet on them to win outright. This is because you have more chances of winning, so the bookmaker will offer lower odds to compensate for that.
On the other hand, if you bet on both teams to win or draw, you will have even lower odds because this outcome is less likely to happen. The odds for Double Chance betting vary depending on the bookmaker and the specific game you are betting on.
Double Chance betting is a popular option for beginners because it reduces the risk of losing your bet and increases your chances of winning. However, it is important to remember that lower odds also mean lower potential winnings. As with any type of betting, it is important to do your research, choose your bets carefully, and only bet what you can afford to lose.
Benefits of Double Chance Betting
Increased Chances of WinningOne of the key benefits of double chance betting is that it helps you increase your chances of winning. Since you have two outcomes to bet on, you essentially have double the chances of winning compared to a traditional 1X2 bet. This can help minimize the risk of losing your bet and increase the likelihood of you making a profit.
Lower RiskDouble chance betting is inherently lower risk since you have two outcomes to bet on instead of just one. This means that if one outcome doesn't come through, you still have another chance to win your bet. This can help prevent you from losing your entire bet amount in just one go and can help you manage your bankroll more effectively.
More Flexible BettingDouble chance betting also allows for more flexible betting options. You can choose to bet on the home team or draw, away team or draw, or home team or away team to win. This flexibility allows you to tailor your bet to your personal preferences and betting strategy, giving you more control over your wagers.
Better OddsSince double chance betting offers two possible outcomes instead of just one, the odds of winning are often lower than in a 1X2 bet. However, this can also work in your favor by offering better odds for each individual outcome. This can help you maximize your potential profit and get more value out of your betting strategy.
Types of Double Chance Bets
A 1X bet in double chance betting means that you are betting on either the home team to win or draw the match. This type of bet is ideal when you have a feeling that the visiting team is not strong enough to take the win, but they could still get something from the game like a draw or a point.
A X2 bet in double chance betting means that you are backing the away team to either win or draw the match. This type of bet is good when you believe that the home team is not up to the task of winning the game, but the result could be a draw or a point for the visiting team.
A 12 bet in double chance betting means that you are betting on either the home team or the away team to win the match. This type of bet is ideal when you think the game is going to be close, and it is hard to predict who will win. By placing a double chance bet in this scenario, you are covering your bases and giving yourself more chances to win.
4. Draw No Bet (DNB)
Draw No Bet (DNB) is a slightly different type of double chance bet. In a DNB bet, you are betting on either the home team or the away team to win the match, but the bet is void if the result is a draw. This type of bet can be perfect when you think the game will be close, and it is hard to predict which team will come out on top. The advantage of a DNB bet is that you get your stake back if the game ends in a draw, which is a great way to reduce your risk.
5. Both Teams to Score (BTTS) and Double Chance Bet
The Both Teams to Score (BTTS) and Double Chance Bet is a more complex type of double chance bet that involves two different outcomes. In this type of betting, you are backing both teams to score, but you are also placing a double chance bet on one of the teams. This bet is perfect when you think both teams will find the net, but you are not sure which team will win.
6. Total Goals and Double Chance Bet
The Total Goals and Double Chance Bet is a more advanced form of double chance betting, where you combine your double chance bet with the total number of goals in a match. This type of bet is perfect when you feel that a game will be tight, and there will not be many goals scored. By adding a total goals bet to your double chance bet, you are increasing your potential winnings.
- Remember that double chance betting is a great way to reduce your risk and increase your chances of winning.
- Always do your research before placing a bet to ensure you are making an informed decision.
- Mix and match different types of double chance bets to suit your style of betting.
Double Chance vs. Draw No Bet
Double Chance is a betting option that allows you to bet on two of the three possible outcomes of a football match in a single bet. With Double Chance, you can bet on either the home team to win or draw, the away team to win or draw, or either team to win. This means you have a higher chance of winning compared to a regular 1X2 bet, but your odds will be lower.
For example, if you bet on either team to win with Double Chance, you will win if the match ends in a draw or if either team wins. However, if you bet on the home team to win or draw, you will only win if the home team wins or draws, and you will lose if the away team wins.
Draw No Bet
Draw No Bet is another popular betting option that eliminates the possibility of a draw in a match. This means you can only bet on either the home team to win or the away team to win, and if the match ends in a draw, your bet will be refunded.
Draw No Bet is a good option if you think the match is likely to end in a draw, but you don't want to risk losing your bet. However, your odds will be lower compared to a regular 1X2 bet, and you will only win if your selected team wins.
Overall, Double Chance and Draw No Bet are two popular betting options that offer different advantages and disadvantages. Double Chance gives you a higher chance of winning, but your odds will be lower, while Draw No Bet eliminates the possibility of a draw, but your odds will also be lower. It's important to consider your betting strategy and the match conditions before deciding on which option to choose.
When to Use Double Chance Bets?
Double chance bets are an excellent option for those who are not entirely confident in their prediction of the outcome of a match. This type of bet enables you to bet on two out of three possible results in a single bet. Double chance bets are an ideal option if you want to reduce the risk of losing your wager.
If you are not sure which team will win, but you believe that they will not lose, then a double chance bet may be the right option for you. It is also worth considering if you think that the favored team may struggle to win against a weaker opponent or if the underdog team may be able to earn a draw.
It is important to note that double chance bets are not always the most profitable option as the odds are much lower than betting on a single outcome, but they are a fantastic way to ensure a higher chance of winning and to reduce your losses when compared to a single bet.
- Use double chance bets when:
- You want to reduce the risk of losing your wager
- You have low confidence in your prediction
- You believe that the favored team may struggle to win against a weaker opponent
- You believe that the underdog team may be able to earn a draw
Tips for Successful Double Chance Betting
If you're new to double chance betting, there are a few strategies you can use to increase your chances of success. Here are some tips:
- Research the teams: Before placing a bet, do your research on the teams in the match. Look at their recent performances, their stats, and their players. This will give you a better understanding of how the teams might perform.
- Consider the odds: Double chance betting can offer lower odds than traditional betting, so it's important to consider the odds before placing a bet. Make sure the potential payout is worth the risk.
- Choose your market: There are three double chance options: 1X (home team win/draw), X2 (away team win/draw), and 12 (either team to win). Consider which market offers the best value for your bet.
- Look for value: Double chance betting can offer good value if you can identify a match where the odds are skewed in your favor. Look for matches where the underdog has a real chance of winning or drawing.
- Don't chase losses: As with any form of betting, it's important to stay disciplined. If you lose a bet, don't chase your losses by placing more bets. Stick to your strategy and remember to gamble responsibly.
By following these tips, you can increase your chances of success with double chance betting. As with any form of betting, it's important to have a solid strategy and to stay disciplined. Good luck!
Choosing the Right Sportsbooks for Double Chance Betting
When it comes to double chance betting, the sportsbook you choose can make a big difference in your overall experience and success. It's important to do your research and choose a reputable sportsbook that offers a variety of betting options and competitive odds.
One of the first things to consider when selecting a sportsbook for double chance betting is the range of sports and events they cover. You'll want to make sure that the sportsbook you choose offers betting options on the sports and leagues that interest you. Additionally, look for a sportsbook that covers both popular and niche sports to ensure you have a diverse selection of betting options.
Another important factor to consider when choosing a sportsbook for double chance betting is the quality of their odds. Look for a sportsbook that offers competitive odds on the events you're interested in betting on. You can compare odds across different sportsbooks to get a sense of which one offers the best value.
In addition to betting options and odds, it's important to consider the reputation and reliability of the sportsbook you choose. Look for a sportsbook that has a long-standing reputation for offering fair and transparent betting options and reliable payouts.
Finally, consider any additional features or bonuses offered by sportsbooks for double chance betting. Some sportsbooks offer special promotions or bonuses for double chance bets, which can increase your potential winnings. You may also want to look for sportsbooks that offer live streaming or in-play betting options for an added level of excitement.
Overall, choosing the right sportsbook for double chance betting requires careful consideration of a variety of factors, including the range of sports and events covered, the quality of odds offered, and the reputation and reliability of the sportsbook. By doing your research and choosing a quality sportsbook, you can enhance your overall betting experience and increase your chances of success.
Double Chance Betting Strategies
If you are looking for a way to increase your chances of winning in sports betting, Double Chance betting might be a good option for you. Double Chance is a popular type of bet that allows you to cover two of the possible outcomes of a game, effectively reducing your risk. Here are some Double Chance betting strategies that you can use:
- Backing the Underdog: Double Chance betting is often used to back the underdog in a game. By covering two of the potential outcomes, you increase your chances of winning. This is particularly useful when the underdog team has a real chance of winning, but the odds on a straight win are not favorable.
- Limiting the Risk: Another strategy for using Double Chance betting is to limit your risk. By covering two potential outcomes, you reduce the risk of losing all your money in a single bet. This is particularly useful when you are betting on a game with a high level of uncertainty.
- Improving Your Odds: Double Chance betting can also be used to improve your odds without significantly increasing your risk. By covering two potential outcomes, you gain more opportunities to win, which can lead to better odds and a higher probability of making a profit.
- Using Statistics: Statistics can also be used to inform Double Chance betting strategies. By analyzing previous matches between the teams, you can identify patterns that suggest one outcome is more likely than the other. This can help you decide which Double Chance bets to place.
Remember that Double Chance betting is not foolproof and there is always a risk involved. However, by using these strategies, you can increase your chances of winning and make more informed bets.
Pros and Cons of Double Chance Betting
- Higher chance of winning: With double chance betting, you have two possible outcomes instead of one, thus increasing your chances of winning.
- Less risky: Betting on two possible outcomes reduces the risk of losing your entire bet. Even if one outcome fails, there is still a chance for you to win.
- Better odds: Double chance betting usually has lower odds compared to other types of bets, but they are still better than traditional win-draw-lose bets, especially for underdog teams.
- Lower potential payout: As mentioned before, double chance bets have lower odds, which means you may not see a huge return on your investment.
- Limited availability: Double chance betting is not available for all matches and sports. You may need to look for specific bookmakers or markets that offer this type of bet.
- Less excitement: Betting on two possible outcomes may not be as exciting as betting on one specific outcome. This can make the experience less thrilling for some bettors.
Double chance betting can be a great option for those who want to reduce the risk of losing money while still having a chance to win. However, it may not be the best option for those who are looking for a high payout or more excitement in their betting experience.
Example Scenarios for Double Chance Betting
Double chance betting is a popular option because it allows for more than one outcome to be covered, increasing the chances of winning. Here are a few examples of how this type of betting can be used:
Football Match - Team A vs Team B
In this scenario, you may choose to bet on Team A or Team B to win, but you're unsure which one will come out on top. With a double chance bet, you can choose both options. Betting on Team A or Draw and Team B or Draw would cover all possible outcomes. If the match ends in a draw, you win either way.
Tennis Match - Player A vs Player B
In a tennis match, you may believe that both players have an equal chance of winning. This is where double chance betting can be useful. You could select both Player A and Player B to win, or you could choose one player to win and the other to draw. This covers all bases and increases your chance of winning.
Horse Racing - Race A
With horse racing, double chance betting may be used in a slightly different way. Instead of choosing the horse you think will come out on top, you could select two horses to place in the top two rankings. For example, you may pick Horse A or Horse B to win, or you could choose Horse A to win and Horse B to place. This allows you a better chance of making some profit with your bets.
Frequently Asked Questions about Double Chance Betting
What is Double Chance Betting?
Double Chance Betting is a type of sports betting in which you can place a single bet on two different outcomes of a game, hence doubling your chances of winning. The three possible outcomes of a football match are home win, draw, and away win. In Double Chance Betting, you can cover two of these possible outcomes with a single bet.
What are the advantages of Double Chance Betting?
The biggest advantage of Double Chance Betting is that it allows you to cover two of the three possible outcomes of a football match with a single bet. This significantly increases your chances of winning and reduces your risk of losing all your money. Additionally, Double Chance Betting is suitable for bettors who prefer to play it safe or have limited knowledge of the sport they are betting on.
What are the disadvantages of Double Chance Betting?
The main disadvantage of Double Chance Betting is that the odds are lower compared to other types of sports betting. This means that the potential payout is also lower. Additionally, some bookmakers may not offer Double Chance Betting for every football match.
What are the different types of Double Chance Betting?
There are three types of Double Chance Betting: 1X, X2, and 12. 1X means that you are betting on the home team or a draw, X2 means that you are betting on the away team or a draw, and 12 means that you are betting on either the home team or the away team to win the match.
How do I place a Double Chance Bet?
To place a Double Chance Bet, you need to select the game you want to bet on and choose the Double Chance option. Then you need to select the two possible outcomes you want to cover. Finally, you need to enter the stake amount and confirm your bet.
Can I use Double Chance Betting for other sports?
Double Chance Betting is not limited to football, but it is most commonly used in this sport. Some bookmakers may offer Double Chance Betting for other sports such as basketball, ice hockey, or tennis.
Risks of Double Chance Betting
While double chance betting may seem like a safer option compared to regular betting because it covers two outcomes instead of one, there are still risks involved that bettors must consider.
- Lower odds: Double chance betting comes with lower odds than regular betting, meaning that the potential payout is lower.
- Lower profits: Even if a bettor wins using the double chance option, the profit will be lower compared to regular betting due to the lower odds.
- Higher risks: The risks involved in double chance betting are higher because the bettor is covering two outcomes instead of one, which means that the chances of losing are higher.
- Draws: Double chance betting does not cover the draw outcome, which is a common outcome in many sports, especially football. This means that the bettor is still at risk of losing if the game ends in a draw.
Therefore, it is important for bettors to carefully consider the risks involved in double chance betting before making their decision. They should also make sure to do their research and have a solid understanding of the teams involved, their form, and any other relevant factors that may impact the outcome of the game.
Alternatives to Double Chance Betting
If you're not keen on double chance betting, there are several other options available to you.
- Draw No Bet: This type of bet is similar to double chance betting, but instead of covering two outcomes, you're only covering one. With a draw no bet, you're essentially betting on either team to win, but if the match ends in a draw, your stake is refunded.
- Asian Handicap: This type of bet is popular in Asia, but it's becoming increasingly popular in Europe. With an Asian handicap bet, one team is given a handicap to level the playing field. For example, if Team A is given a -1.5 handicap, they need to win by at least two goals for your bet to be successful.
- Over/Under: This type of bet is based on the total number of goals scored in a match. You can either bet on over a certain number of goals being scored or under a certain number of goals being scored.
- Both Teams to Score: With this type of bet, you're betting on both teams to score in the match. It doesn't matter who wins, as long as both teams find the back of the net.
Remember, it's important to do your research and choose a betting strategy that works for you. Good luck!
How to Calculate Double Chance Odds?
If you are interested in double chance betting, it is crucial to understand how the odds are calculated. In simple terms, double chance betting allows bettors to cover two of the three possible outcomes in a soccer match. However, the betting odds are affected by the probability of each outcome happening and the bookmaker's margin.
One way to calculate double chance odds is to use a formula. The formula is:
Odds = 1 / ((1 / Home Win odds) + (1 / Draw odds))
The Home Win odds and Draw odds refer to the regular 1X2 market. By plugging in the odds for each market, you can calculate the double chance odds for a Home Win/Draw bet.
For example, if the Home Win odds are 2.00 and the Draw odds are 3.00, the double chance odds for a Home Win/Draw bet would be:
Odds = 1 / ((1 / 2.00) + (1 / 3.00)) = 1.20
The resulting number is the decimal odds, which bettors can convert to their preferred format, such as fractional or American odds.
If you're not an Excel fan, you can use online double chance calculators to figure out the odds.
Mistakes to Avoid in Double Chance Betting
Double chance betting can be an excellent way to reduce risks and increase your chances of winning in sports betting. However, there are certain mistakes that beginners often make, which can lead to losses and disappointments. Here are some tips on what to avoid when you are betting on double chance:
- Don't blindly go for the underdog: Double chance betting allows you to choose two possible outcomes instead of one. However, just because you have the option to choose the underdog, it doesn't mean you should always do so. Remember that the odds are set for a reason, and there might be a higher chance of the favorite winning than you think.
- Don't ignore the form: The form of a team or individual is a crucial factor to consider when you are betting on sports. Even if the odds seem to favor one side, if they are in poor form or have a lot of injuries, you might want to think twice before placing a bet on them.
- Don't forget about the draw: Double chance betting also allows you to bet on the draw, which can be a smart move in certain situations. For example, if both teams have similar strengths and weaknesses, a draw might be the most likely outcome. Be sure to consider all possibilities before making your bet.
- Don't chase losses: It can be tempting to keep betting on double chance in order to recover losses, but this is a dangerous strategy. Always stick to your bankroll management plan and never bet more than you can afford to lose.
With these tips in mind, you can avoid common mistakes and improve your chances of success with double chance betting. Remember to always do your research, remain objective and disciplined, and have fun!