Are you planning to hit the casinos in Myrtle Beach but wondering how far they are from your location? Look no further as we have got your back! In this ultimate guide, we will be sharing the distances from Myrtle Beach to some of the popular casinos around, making it easier for you to plan your trip and estimate your travel time.
If you are a casino enthusiast looking for a fun-filled weekend getaway, then Myrtle Beach in South Carolina is the perfect destination for you. From gambling to entertainment, the casinos in and around Myrtle Beach offer a variety of games and activities that would keep you busy for hours. But before you pack your bags and set out on your adventure, it’s essential to know the distances from Myrtle Beach to the casinos you plan to visit. And that’s where our guide comes in handy!
Our guide not only lists the distances from Myrtle Beach to the casinos but also provides additional information on the amenities, games, and facilities that each casino offers. So whether you are a seasoned gambler or a newbie, this guide will help you plan your casino trip with ease. Get ready to explore the exciting world of casinos and experience the thrill of gambling at some of the finest casinos around Myrtle Beach.
How Far is Myrtle Beach from the Nearest Casino?
If you are planning a trip to Myrtle Beach and are interested in visiting a casino, you may be wondering how far you will have to travel. While there are no casinos located directly in Myrtle Beach, there are several options within a reasonable driving distance LeoVegas.
One of the closest casinos to Myrtle Beach is the Big M Casino, which is located in Little River, SC. This casino is approximately a 45-minute drive from Myrtle Beach, and offers gaming options such as slot machines, table games, and poker.
Another option for visitors to Myrtle Beach is the Harrah's Cherokee Casino, which is located in Cherokee, NC. This casino is approximately a 3-hour drive from Myrtle Beach, but offers a wide variety of gaming options including slot machines, table games, and a poker room.
It's important to note that while gambling is legal in both South Carolina and North Carolina, there are certain restrictions in place. For example, the Big M Casino requires passengers to be 21 years of age or older to board the boat, and they must have a valid photo ID.
- Big M Casino - Little River, SC (45-minute drive)
- Harrah's Cherokee Casino - Cherokee, NC (3-hour drive)
Before planning a trip to either of these casinos, make sure to check their websites for information on hours of operation, gaming options, and any special promotions or events that may be taking place.
Driving Distance and Time from Myrtle Beach to Local Casinos
Myrtle Beach is a popular tourist destination in South Carolina, known for its beautiful beaches and plethora of activities. However, if you're feeling lucky, you might want to take a day trip to one of the nearby casinos. Here's a breakdown of the driving distance and time from Myrtle Beach to the three closest casinos:
- Big M Casino: Located in Little River, SC, the Big M Casino is about 18 miles north of Myrtle Beach. It takes approximately 30 minutes to drive there.
- Hollywood Casino: Located in North Myrtle Beach, SC, the Hollywood Casino is about 10 miles north of Myrtle Beach. It takes approximately 20 minutes to drive there.
- Harrah's Cherokee Casino: Located in Cherokee, NC, Harrah's Cherokee Casino is about 191 miles west of Myrtle Beach. It takes approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes to drive there.
Keep in mind that these driving times are estimates and can be affected by traffic, so plan accordingly. Additionally, if you plan on spending a day at the casino, make sure to have a designated driver or alternative transportation arranged for your trip back to Myrtle Beach.
Best Routes to Take from Myrtle Beach to Popular Casinos
There are several popular casinos located near Myrtle Beach that provide exceptional gaming and entertainment options for visitors. The good news is that there are several routes you can take to reach these casinos with ease, depending on your preference and mode of transportation.
If you prefer driving, the best route to take from Myrtle Beach to popular casinos such as Harrah's Cherokee Casino Resort or the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa is via I-95 S. This route takes approximately 8-9 hours, depending on traffic conditions and stops. Along the way, you will pass through several picturesque cities such as Savannah, GA, and Jacksonville, FL, where you can explore and take a break from driving.
Air Travel Route
If you prefer air travel, the closest airport to Myrtle Beach is Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR), which offers flights to several destinations, including Las Vegas, NV, and Atlantic City, NJ. Once you arrive at your desired destination, you can take a shuttle, taxi, or rental car to your chosen casino.
If you're looking for an affordable and convenient way to reach popular casinos near Myrtle Beach, taking a bus may be the ideal option for you. Greyhound is a popular bus company that offers daily services from Myrtle Beach to popular casinos such as Harrah's Cherokee Casino Resort and the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa. The bus takes approximately 10 hours, and you can enjoy various amenities such as free Wi-Fi, reclining seats, and air conditioning.
In conclusion, regardless of your preference and mode of transportation, there are several great routes to take from Myrtle Beach to popular casinos, allowing you to enjoy a fantastic gaming and entertainment experience.
Casinos Near Myrtle Beach and Their Amenities
Myrtle Beach is known for its white sandy beaches and numerous tourist attractions. While the city does not have any casinos, there are several casinos in the surrounding area that provide a fun and exciting gambling experience.
One of the closest casinos to Myrtle Beach is the Big M Casino. This casino is located in Little River and offers a variety of slot machines and table games. The Big M Casino also has a buffet, a bar, and live entertainment on board.
Another nearby casino is the Harrah's Cherokee Casino Resort. This casino is located in Cherokee, North Carolina, and features over 3,000 slot machines and 150 table games. The Harrah's Cherokee Casino Resort also has several restaurants, a spa, and a hotel with over 1,100 rooms.
The Seminole Casino Brighton is located in Okeechobee, Florida, and is a popular destination for Myrtle Beach residents who want to escape to warmer climates. The casino offers over 400 slot machines and table games, and there are several restaurants and bars on site.
If you're looking for a casino with a luxurious feel, the Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina may be the perfect choice. This casino is located in Charleston, South Carolina, and offers slot machines, table games, and a poker room. The casino also has a pool, a spa, and a hotel with waterfront views.
No matter which casino you choose, you can expect a thrilling and exhilarating gambling experience with plenty of amenities to keep you entertained and comfortable.
What to Do on the Way to the Casino
Take a Scenic Route
Instead of taking the direct route to the casino, consider taking a more scenic route. Myrtle Beach and the surrounding areas have beautiful natural scenery to take in. Drive down Ocean Boulevard and see the waves crash along the shore. Take a detour through one of the area’s many parks or wildlife preserves. You might even spot some local wildlife!
Try Local Food and Drink
Stop at a local diner or café and try some of the delicious Southern food that this region is known for. Sample classic dishes like shrimp and grits or low country boil. Wash it down with a sweet tea, a regional staple. If you’re a beer lover, stop by one of the many breweries that have popped up in the area. Try a flight of beers and find a new favorite.
Take a Break at the Beach
Myrtle Beach is known for its stunning beaches, so why not make a pit stop at one of them on your way to the casino? Take a quick dip in the ocean or simply relax on the sand. The beach is a great place to refresh yourself and get some fresh air before continuing on your journey.
Plan a Pit Stop or Two
Depending on how long your journey is, you may need to plan one or two pit stops along the way. Use this as an opportunity to stretch your legs, use the restroom, and refuel your car. Look for interesting rest stops or tourist attractions to make the most out of your journey.
Set the Tone for Your Casino Experience
The journey to the casino can be just as enjoyable as the casino experience itself. Use this time to get yourself into the right mindset for some fun and games. Listen to some upbeat music or practice positive affirmations. Whatever it takes to get you in the mood for some good old-fashioned entertainment!
What to Expect When You Get to the Casino
Excitement and Energy
As you enter the casino, you'll feel the buzz of excitement and energy around you. The flashing lights, sounds of slot machines, and the chatter of fellow gamblers will envelop you, creating a tantalizing atmosphere that's difficult to resist.
A Variety of Games
The casino offers a wide range of games to suit different tastes and preferences. From traditional table games like blackjack, roulette, and poker, to modern slot machines, video poker and other electronic games, there's always an option to suit your style and skill level.
Winning and Losing is Part of the Game
It's important to remember that gambling is a form of entertainment, and just like any other form of entertainment, winning or losing is part of the game. Regardless of the outcome, enjoy the experience and ensure that you gamble responsibly, have a budget and only bet what you can afford to lose.
The staff at the casino are considered a crucial element in providing a great experience. They're friendly, knowledgeable and always on-hand to assist with any queries or concerns you may have. Don't hesitate to approach them for advice or assistance.
Comp Programs and Benefits
Many casinos offer loyalty programs and benefits to regular players. These programs often include free meals, room upgrades, and exclusive access to events and promotions. Make sure you take advantage of these programs, but remember to always gamble responsibly.
A Great Night Out
Overall, visiting the casino is a great night out, whether you win or lose. Enjoy the excitement, take in the atmosphere and immerse yourself in a world of fun and entertainment. Remember to stay in control and enjoy the experience for what it is.
Frequently Asked Questions About Visiting Casinos Near Myrtle Beach
What are the closest casinos to Myrtle Beach?
The two closest casinos to Myrtle Beach are the Big M Casino and the SunCruz Aquasino, located in Little River, SC, about a 15-20 minute drive from downtown Myrtle Beach.
What types of games are available at these casinos?
Both casinos offer a variety of table games, including blackjack, roulette, craps, and poker. They also have slot machines and video poker machines.
Are there any age restrictions to enter the casinos?
Yes, you must be at least 21 years old to enter the casinos and gamble. Valid photo identification, such as a driver's license or passport, is required.
What is the dress code for the casinos?
The dress code at both casinos is casual, but they do ask that customers refrain from wearing tank tops, short shorts, flip flops, and hats.
Is smoking allowed inside the casinos?
Both casinos have designated smoking areas, but smoking is not allowed on the main casino floors or in non-smoking areas.
Do the casinos offer any dining options?
Yes, both casinos have on-board dining options, including buffets and a la carte menus. Alcoholic beverages are also available for purchase.
Can I use my credit card to gamble at the casinos?
Both casinos accept cash and credit cards for transactions. However, please note that cash may be required for certain activities, such as playing the slot machines or buying chips for the table games.
Casino Etiquette: Do's and Don'ts
- Dress appropriately: Casinos usually have dress codes, so make sure you check first before you go. Dressing up nicely is always a good idea, as it shows respect for the establishment.
- Respect others: Be polite and respectful to staff and other players. Don't be rude or aggressive.
- Manage your money: Set a budget before you start playing and stick to it. Don't gamble with money you can't afford to lose.
- Tip the staff: If you win big, it's good etiquette to tip the dealers and other staff who helped you along the way.
- Know the rules: Make sure you understand the rules of the game you're playing. If you're unsure, ask the dealer for clarification.
- Use your phone at the table: Using your phone distracts you from the game and can be annoying to other players. It's better to keep it in your pocket or purse.
- Get too drunk: Drinking too much can impair your judgement, causing you to make bad decisions and potentially lose more money than you intended.
- Blame others for your losses: It's easy to get frustrated if you're not winning, but don't take it out on others. It's your responsibility to manage your own money and make smart decisions.
- Cheat: Cheating is not only illegal, but it's also disrespectful to the other players and the casino itself. Play fair and follow the rules.
- Be disrespectful to staff: Staff are there to help you have a good time, so treat them with respect and gratitude. Don't be rude or hostile towards them.
Following these do's and don'ts will help you to have a safe and enjoyable time at the casino. Remember, gambling should be fun, so don't take it too seriously and always play responsibly.
Prepare for Your Casino Trip: What to Pack and What Not to Pack
What to Pack
- Casino attire: Dress according to the casino's dress code. Most casinos have dress codes that range from casual to formal, so be sure to check before packing your clothes.
- Identification: Bring a valid government-issued photo ID, such as a driver's license, passport, or ID card. You may also need to bring your casino membership card if you have one.
- Money: Bring enough cash or credit/debit cards to cover your expenses, including transportation, food, drinks, and gambling. Also, bring some extra cash for emergencies.
- Electronics: Bring your smartphone, tablet, or laptop to stay connected with family and friends, take photos and videos, and play casino games online.
What Not to Pack
- Illegal drugs: It is illegal to bring drugs to a casino, and doing so can result in criminal charges.
- Weapons or explosives: Leave any weapons or explosives at home. Casinos have strict security measures, and bringing weapons can result in arrest and prosecution.
- Alcohol: Do not bring your own alcohol to the casino. Most casinos have bars and restaurants where you can buy drinks.
|What to Pack||What Not to Pack|
|- Casino attire|
|- Illegal drugs|
- Weapons or explosives
By following these guidelines, you can prepare for a fun and safe casino trip. Remember to check the casino's rules and regulations before packing to avoid any issues during your visit. Have a great time!
Tips for Winning Big at the Casino
Casinos can be exciting, fun, and entertaining, but they can also be expensive if you're not careful. Here are a few tips to help you increase your chances of winning big:
- Know the rules: Before you start playing, make sure you understand the rules of the game. If you're not sure, don't be afraid to ask the dealer or a casino employee.
- Set a budget: Decide how much money you're willing to spend before you start playing and stick to your budget.
- Take breaks: It's important to take breaks and step away from the table or slot machine every once in a while. This can help you stay focused and avoid making impulsive decisions.
- Drink responsibly: Alcohol can impair judgment, so it's best to avoid drinking too much while you're gambling.
- Keep track of time: It's easy to lose track of time when you're having fun, but it's important to keep an eye on the clock so you don't end up spending more time (and money) than you intended.
- Learn basic strategies: Some games, like blackjack, have basic strategies that can help you increase your chances of winning. Take some time to learn these strategies before you start playing.
- Don't chase losses: If you've lost some money, don't try to win it back by betting more. This can lead to even bigger losses.
- Know when to quit: It's important to know when to call it a day. If you're not having fun anymore or you've reached your budget, it's time to walk away.
Remember, gambling should be fun and enjoyable. By following these tips, you can increase your chances of winning big and minimize your losses.
How to ensure safety while gambling?
1. Choose a safe casino:
Before you start gambling, it is important to choose a casino that is safe and reliable. Look for casinos that are regulated and licensed by relevant authorities. You can also read reviews online to know the experiences of other players.
2. Set a budget:
Gambling can be addictive, and you might end up losing more than you can afford. Therefore, it is important to set a budget before you start playing. Decide how much money you can afford to lose and stick to your budget.
3. Avoid alcohol and drugs:
Alcohol and drugs can impair your judgment and affect your decision-making abilities. It is important to avoid them while gambling, as they can increase the chances of losing money.
4. Take breaks:
It is important to take breaks while gambling to avoid getting too involved and losing track of time. Take a break every hour or so and do something else, such as going for a walk or having a snack.
5. Know when to stop:
It is important to know when to stop gambling, whether you are winning or losing. If you are losing, don't chase your losses and try to win back your money. On the other hand, if you are winning, don't get too greedy and try to win more. Set a limit and stick to it.
6. Don't share personal information:
While gambling online or at a casino, it is important to keep your personal information secure. Don't share your personal information, such as your credit card details or social security number, with anyone.
7. Play for fun:
Gambling should be an enjoyable activity, so don't take it too seriously. Play for fun, and don't let it affect your personal or professional life. Remember, gambling is just a form of entertainment and not a way to make money.
Casino Laws and Regulations in the Myrtle Beach Area
In the Myrtle Beach area, casino laws and regulations can be a bit confusing. While the state of South Carolina has strict laws prohibiting most forms of gambling, there are a few exceptions that allow for certain types of gambling.
One such exception is the Big M Casino, which operates two cruise ships that offer casino gambling. The ships sail out of Little River and are not subject to the same laws as casinos on land. However, they must adhere to strict regulations set forth by the Coast Guard and other federal agencies.
Another exception is charitable gambling, which is allowed in South Carolina under certain conditions. Nonprofit organizations can offer bingo games and raffles as long as the proceeds are used for charitable purposes.
It's important to note that online gambling is illegal in South Carolina. The state has yet to legalize sports betting, and there are no casinos or racetracks in the area.
If you're planning a trip to the Myrtle Beach area and are interested in gambling, be sure to do your research ahead of time to ensure that you are playing within the bounds of the law.
Tax Implications of Gambling Winnings
If you're planning a trip to the casino, it's important to understand the potential tax implications of your winnings. While you may be excited about your big win, the government also wants a piece of the pie.
Generally, any gambling winnings over $600 are reported to the IRS with a Form W-2G. This includes winnings from casinos, horse racing, lotteries, and other forms of gambling. It's important to note that these winnings are considered taxable income and must be reported on your federal tax return.
However, you may be able to offset your winnings with gambling losses. If you itemize your deductions, you can claim losses up to the amount of your winnings. This can help reduce your taxable income and potentially lower your tax bill.
It's also important to keep accurate records of your gambling activity. This includes keeping track of the date, location, amount won or lost, and the games played. This information can be used to accurately report your winnings and losses on your tax return.
- Remember, it's always a good idea to consult with a tax professional to ensure you're complying with all federal and state tax laws related to gambling winnings.
Alternatives to Traditional Casinos Near Myrtle Beach
Although traditional brick-and-mortar casinos near Myrtle Beach may be what most people think of when they think of gambling, there are a variety of alternative options that can provide just as much excitement.1. Online Casinos
Online casinos offer the convenience of being able to gamble from anywhere with an internet connection. They often offer a wider variety of games and betting options than physical casinos, and some even offer free play options.2. Sports Betting
With the recent legalization of sports betting in many states, including North Carolina, there are now many options for placing bets on your favorite sports teams. This can add a new level of excitement to watching your games.3. Poker Rooms
If you're a fan of poker, many bars and restaurants now offer poker rooms and tournaments for players of all levels. This can be a fun and social way to enjoy the game and potentially win some money.4. Bingo Halls
For a more relaxed and family-friendly gambling option, many bingo halls in the Myrtle Beach area offer games with cash prizes. This can be a fun way to spend an evening with friends or family.
While traditional casinos may be the go-to option for many gamblers, there are a variety of alternative options that can provide just as much excitement and entertainment. Try exploring some of these options for a new and unique gambling experience.
Hotels Near Myrtle Beach Casinos
If you are planning a trip to Myrtle Beach and want to have a thrilling casino experience, check out the hotels near Myrtle Beach casinos. Many of these hotels offer affordable rates and convenient locations, making it easy for you to enjoy your stay and explore the city's exciting nightlife.
Some of the most popular hotels near Myrtle Beach casinos include the Ocean Reef Resort, which is just a short walk from the Casino at Dania Beach, and the Bay View Resort, which is located right next to the Hard Rock Casino. Additionally, the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes is a luxurious option for those who are looking for an upscale experience.
No matter which hotel you choose, be sure to take advantage of the many amenities that are available, such as spa services, swimming pools, and fitness centers. You can also find a variety of dining options at these hotels, including restaurants, bars, and cafes.
- If you're looking for a budget-friendly option, check out the Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway at the Beach.
- If you want to be close to the action, the Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel is just steps away from the casino.
- For those who prefer a quieter atmosphere, the Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront is a peaceful retreat that is just minutes from the casino.
Whichever hotel you choose, be sure to book in advance to ensure availability during peak seasons. With a variety of options to choose from, you're sure to find the perfect hotel near Myrtle Beach casinos for your next vacation.